Apr 24, 2009

Good Things Comes in a Box

Scribbled by Perky |

I have a team of fantastic suppliers (sound & lights, printing, construction, etc). Being in the events industry, who you work with can either make or break your event. I treat my suppliers like as if they were my extended family. We've worked together for so many years that there's a level of trust where I don't have to keep a close eye on them to check if they're doing a good job or not.

I think that what also makes our working relationship go so well is partly because I don't squeeze my supplier for every single penny. Some people love to "milk" their suppliers dry with that lame excuse of "sorry, we don't have the budget so you need to give me discount". For as long as the price is reasonable, I will never ask my supplier to reduce his price. You know what they say, "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys". And I don't do monkeys.

My relationship with my sound & light supplier goes beyond work (and I don't mean that in a scandalous kinda way). Uncle J (as I fondly call him) and I (his beloved niece as he fondly calls me) could spend hours on the phone chatting about the most ridiculous things (from politics to gossips to me blaming him for the hot weather), he would often treat me and my partner to free lunch and when there's a special occasion (like Christmas or birthdays) he'd give presents, birds nest or ang pows.

But this present he recently gave me really took me by surprise.





A brand new Portable DVD player.






It comes with a 7" screen and it's so small and light that I can bring it anywhere I want (this will definitely come in handy for future road trips. It can even be charged in the car!).




And the best thing about this Portable DVD player is that it can also play stuff from the USB drive.


So just imagine all the stuff that I don't have to burn onto a disc. I could just download my favorite shows like The Tudors onto my external drive and watch it on this player.

And yes, it can be connected to the tv should I feel like watching my stuff on the big screen.

I think Christmas came a bit too early for me this year :D

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

9 Your say:

V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V said...

owh my~

wat a luxurious present!

an early xmas indeed!! :P

Hanie said...

Sweet item :D You can totally watch the Tudors on the go on THAT baby
..speaking of which did you watch the ones I gave you yet? I need to spaz with someone on Season 2!!

onyxx said...

wow. i wish a supplier/friend like that. i don't what it is about mobile electronic gadgets, but they just grab my attention like nothing else can :)

sheng said...

oh coolnesss...

Ron Jerem Lee said...

AH!! i have the same!!!! (external hardisk)..hhaha

Samantha said...

nice. Now you can watch hentai(erm I meant to strike that out) cartoon on the go :D .

have fun with your new gadget!

p/s: do let me know when you receive the pigpo. Wanna make sure it arrives safely with no broken arms otherwise let me know.

Medie007 said...

cool uncle!

Irenelim said...

What a cool present! Can watch DVD anywhere liao! :)