Apr 15, 2009

ATV Rollover Danger

Scribbled by Perky |

There's this show on TV called Whacked Out Sports that I enjoy watching especially when I'm feeling down and in need of cheering up by laughing at others. I like the ones that highlight the crazy things people do on skateboards, rollerblades, motorbikes and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). Oh, especially the ATVs. People do all sorts of crazy things with it, such as going on steep hills, jumping into the river while still riding on the ATV and so forth.

Me being the adventure seeker that I am, I've tried riding the ATV plenty times before. Sure enough, the ride was so thrilling that I completely ignored the potential dangers such as rollovers. Thank God that nothing bad had happened to me. Imagine my petite frame being crushed by the big and heavy ATV *shudders at the thought*

Recently, Yamaha had to recall their Yamaha Rhino Side by Side (SxS) ATV as it has serious rollover risk and there were a lot of ATV riders that got injured as a result. I googled Yamaha Rhino Rollover and there were pages and pages of lawsuits regarding this issue. It's that serious.

The cause for the rollover is believed to be in the flawed design of the Yamaha Rhino such as high center of gravity, narrow wheel base, no doors on the passenger compartment, no handholds inside the passenger compartment and small tires.

The most common injuries were crushed leg (it's just instinct to stick your leg out to try and prevent the ATV from rolling over). Other injuries include broken arms and legs, as well as head spinal cord injuries. If you get crushed by an ATV, unlike what you see in cartoons, you can't pump your flatten body back into shape. You get crushed, it'll be a long painful process to nurse yourself back to health.

So if you or your friends have a Yamaha ATV, then please click on the following link to get more info about the Yamaha Rhino Rollover.


Post?slot_id=36051&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

8 Your say:

.:: Ant ::. said...

I'm sure you won't mind being crushed by ATV McChef :P lolz

I love whacky sports too ..... kinda like S&M. hehe

+Ant+

V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V said...

owh!

we like to watch fashion shows too!

ermmmm....wrong comment~

anyway, we used to love dengerous activities....now, with the economy not doing well, it's just hard~

ermmmm....does that make any sense?

ok let's try this again shall we?

"...I enjoy watching especially when I'm feeling down and in need of cheering up by laughing at others."

we tot we are a biatch! u r even worst~ ;P

KA said...

I HEART The new layout. That was all I wanted to tell you today :-)

Medie007 said...

so have u tried that ATV?

Perky said...

Anton:So is it right to assume that you kinda like S&M? ;)


Queen B:Lol! Of course I'm worse. Afterall, I'm original perempuan okay ;) Hahahaha!


Tough Girl 101:Thanks! It's quite sweet of you to stop by just to tell me that :D


Medie007:I haven't tried this particular Yamaha ATV model as I've always preferred the single-seater ATV.