Jan 6, 2009

The Feline Fabulosity

Scribbled by Perky |

We can definitely thank Nicole Scherzinger of Pussycat Dolls for making hooded jackets an "in" thing when their video Don’t Cha came out few years ago. Before that, I’ve always regarded the hooded jackets as something practical to wear and definitely not something that I see as fashionable. If you mentioned hip-hop and fashion, almost immediately I have mental images of baggy jeans, sweatshirts and oversized blings, which I don’t find to be very fashionable if you ask me.

In my opinion, when it comes to high-fashion feminine hip-hop styles, no one does it better than Kimora Lee Simmons with her Baby Phat collection. I’ve been watching her reality show semi-religiously and from what I’ve seen, I could tell that she’s very hands-on with her fashion line as her over-the-top personal style radiates through the Baby Phat collection.

Though they have practically everything from accessories to lingerie, it is their hip-hugging signature jeans that really stands out. Catering to ladies of all kinds of shapes and sizes, Baby Phat jeans represent everything that is feminine and fun, glitzy and glamorous.

But it is the BabyPhat Coats that caught my eye though, as it kinda looks like something Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl would wear. And you all know how much I worship Queen B.




The above trench coat with collar stand is currently on sale for less than $100. Anyone interested in buying me a belated Christmas gift? ;)

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

0 Your say: