Mar 14, 2009

When the Cat Brings in Dinner

Scribbled by Perky |

I know I'm not the greatest cook in the world but I am the most resourceful when it comes to preparing dinner - I'm damn skilled at opening canned food, placing it in a bowl and heating it in the microwave. It's my style of "hunting" for my dinner.

It's not the healthiest way to have dinner, but it works for me. Why bother slaving away in the kitchen preparing dinner from scratch when I can just "hunt" for it in my kitchen cabinet and get everything done in 5 minutes?

However, my sister's cat, Kelloggs, thinks that I either need to change my diet or is trying to "teach" me how to really hunt for my meal.

Look what she brought back after her "hunting trip" on our balcony:

Kelloggs couldn't find a fridge to store the bird, so she decided to put the bird in our old unused CPU!


She also thinks that nothing should ever go to waste. We can use these feathers as pillow stuffing.





Hmm... come to think of it, maybe she's the one who's sick of eating Friskies processed food and wants live poultry for dinner instead. But looks like she will have to stick with the Friskies and Whiskers diet because the bird managed to fly away unless she wants to starve to death.

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

14 Your say:

TZ said...

I thot i saw a pussycat... I did I did saw a pussycat.... hehehee .... Is your cat coming from Meow Meow City???

Sam said...

I know what that feels like - my cats do that all the time too! It's like some sort of honor for them or something to bring the catch home for the masters, either as a gift or something.

Though I read somewhere that when a cat hunts for you, it's a sort of gift - a contribution to the household. So instead of scolding your cat, you should show your approval of it. :)

(of course, when I see a bird flapping in my cat's jaws - the first thought that comes to mind is to free the bird and save its life lol)

Perky said...

TZ:
Lol! No lah. These are KL cats ;)


Sam:
No I didn't scold her. I was so proud of her that I gave her a big squeeze (she didn't like that though. hehehe). I was just glad that she wasn't totally domesticated that she forgot how to hunt.

The 1st thought that came to my mind was "crap! look at all the feathers I need to vacuum!" ;)

Jason said...

yes.. you definitely need to change your diet! Canned food is evil!!!

.:: Ant ::. said...

You forgot about the poop that could be used as fertilizer.

+Ant+

savante said...

Now that lil birdie would have freaked me out! :) Would have wanted to get rid of it almost immediately.

KA said...

That bird is freaky lookin!!

Medie007 said...

is that bird still alive???

A Common Singaporean said...

I can only say that is an innovative way to keep a bird..

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That bird looks like something out of Edgar Allen Poe's the Raven la ... freaky looking bird!

Anonymous said...

That bird looks frightened out of its life. Even birds are into computers these days!

Perky said...

Jase:
But canned food is the most convenient for someone who's hopeless in the kitchen! ;)


Anton:
Considering I don't plant anything, I wouldn't need fertilizer. lol! ;)


Savante:
My sis was freaked out by it. So she carried the whole CPU (with the bird in it) to the balcony, hoping it'll fly away.


Tough Girl 101:
Yeah it's a freaky lil thing. I don't know how the cat managed to catch it coz those birds are fast.


Rea Neau Project Management:
Lol! I doubt that.


Medie007:
Thankfully, it is. The bird managed to fly away from my cat after my sis carried the entire cpu to the balcony.


A Common Singaporean:
Yeah. And whoever said cats are stupid? Cats are cunning, manipulative & in this case, innovative ;)


Nick Phillips:
Yeah, for something that's as big as my fist, it sure looks freaky!


Gallivanter:
Lol! Yeah, this bird is literally into computers!

Fable Frog said...

the bird is not dead? Haiyu~ maybe the cat just wants it as a pet! OR maybe the cat is actually trying to get a "mouse" for the CPU but she can't find any... so she be innovative and get the CPU a bird instead.

Perky said...

Lol! I never tot of that! Damn creative la u ;)