Mar 22, 2009

New Hobby - Paper Crafting

Scribbled by Perky |

I've realized that my blogging pattern has been rather erratic these past couple of weeks. It's been rather hectic at my 9-to-5 job that when I get home, I'm just too darn tired and sick of staring at the PC screen.

Anyway, while I was "away" from the internet, I actually picked up a new hobby - Paper Crafting. It actually combines my love for stationery and my nature of being a very meticulous person.

Check out my very first handmade card:





I was quite surprised that I was able to cut a foam sheet into a flower petal. Cutting curvy corners is definitely not for the impatient people. Lol!


I also made this dove tag for my sister as she demanded requested that I made something for her.







I've got so many ideas on what to do next, and so I've been busy sourcing for materials, cutting and gluing the pieces together to make something nice. Let me know what you guys think of my hobby ya! :D

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

21 Your say:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Very nice! Do you take orders? ^_^

+Ant+

TZ said...

nice nice ... take you how long to make one ?

Sam said...

Oh wow awesomeness! Pretty nice though I'm wondering if it's any easy to do though. I have very clumsy hands unfortunately, so I think even if it was easy to do - I'd mess it up. :P

Great job though! Love the flower one! :)

Anonymous said...

hi, I won an ad space from this blog you can find that I posted winning at http://sherrycontest.blogspot.com

please copy ad code at my shopping blog :)

let me know when its up thank you for sponsor makoy contest :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try this too!

Anonymous said...

What? You're neglecting your blog and doing paper cuttings? How could you? LOL! Looks pretty good though :D

Twilight Man said...

I love them very much and I think gals always make pretty stuffs! Guys would have cut out robots after snipping their fingers! I would suggest you sell for charity and I would be your first customer. Agree?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, those look super cute! I suggest you set an online shop instead like on eBay or Etsy. You're so creative lah, girl!

Tan.

Fable Frog said...

awww sweet! too cute! now practice those curves, coz you need to make me a frog~ ;)

Perky said...

Anton:
Hehehe... I'm still learning how to make... not ready to take orders yet. But if there's something you have in mind that you want me to make, just let me know and i'll try to make them k :)


TZ:
The card took me a couple of hours to make. Deciding on the what kind of material/layout was the reason why it took so long! lol!


Sam:
Thanks hun! :D


Sheng:
Yeah, you should give it a try. It's fun once you get the hang of it :)


Nick Phillips:
Lol! It does look like that, doesn't it? Well, hopefully once my big project (i meant my 9-to-5 job, not the paper cutting hobby ;) hehehe) is finished, I can get back to my normal blogging habits. And thanks! :D


Twilight:
That's a wonderful idea. I'd love to do some for charity. Let's see what I can come up with first (afterall I'm still new at this, hehehe). I'll keep you posted when I have something done k :D


Tan:
Hoi pompuan! I'm still new at this... setting up online shop? I don't have the confidence to that... yet. I mean, there's so many ppl out there who's so much better than I am. But I will keep your idea in mind :)


Fable Frog:
Ok ok... merk akan practice kuat2 & make you a fab frog! :)

Anonymous said...

wow. great job. maybe you can also make other things aside from flowers -- the possibilities are endless. have you thought about making a living out of this? just a thought :)

savante said...

Looks great! And you really have patience!

Samantha said...

hey great job! EEEEeeee I Love love love the dove tag! You should definitely make more and start selling them :D ...will be looking forward for more of your work.

Medie007 said...

i want!
:P

i thought there's a paper shop in curve selling all those stuff.

A Common Singaporean said...

VERY VERY NICE.

You can start a shop.

And start working on one for Mc Chef?

A paper cut saucepan plus chef hat?

haha.

Great Hobby!

Anonymous said...

u sure have talent babe. looks pretty :).. nak tempah boleh?

Perky said...

Onyxx:
Yeah definitely. I'm trying to make some animal designs... so we'll see how it goes :)


Savante:
Hahaha! Patience or maybe just bored ;)


Samantha:
Thanks, Sam! I'm looking into setting up shop at Etsy but at the same time I'm like, "omg what if nobody buys???" lol!


Medie007:
Yeah I suppose. But those cards are too "factory" done, which I don't quite like.


A Common Singaporean:
Thanks Ken! :)

McChef wants me to make him a skeleton bookmark. Not sure how I'm going to pull that one off though lol!


Mlle Linie:
Thanks babe :D

You want to tempah? Really? You just made my day :) Is there anything particular that you want me to make?

Pike-chan said...

Wow!! Nice! And I like them... and one day if u decided to take orders, let me know too...

Or perhaps u can open a class for such activities ;) or perhaps an activity for bloggers meet too.

Saed said...

Those are really pretty :D

You're good.

Do you by any chance create models of buildings? >.>

MiChi said...

So lovely! Yes you should start a shop since you have so many blogger fans now. You will be rich in no time and franchise your outlets. Perky, think far! Good luck in your new hobby.

Perky said...

Pikey:
Thanks Pikey! I'm already receiving orders, which I'm currently working on right now. So if there's anything you have in mind that you want me to make, let me know! :)


Saed:
Thanks! :) I'm still learning, so hopefully I will be able to make better things in the future.

No, I don't make models of buildings though. Those are hard to make, and not to mention the level of attention needed to make the details! lol!


Michi:
I'm in the midst of starting an online shop for my designs, so we'll see how that goes.

Lol! I highly doubt making lots of money out of this unless if I'm selling my cards at $100 a piece! Hahaha!