Mar 19, 2009

Gone Too Soon - Natasha Richardson

Scribbled by Perky |

I was shocked to read on People.com about the death of actress Natasha Richardson due to a head injury after taking a fall on a ski trip. I feel just as sad as I was the time when the news of Heath Ledger's death broke out. I don't know them personally, but I do admire their work greatly.

I've only watched Natasha act on 2 movies (The Parent Trap and Maid in Manhattan). I absolutely loved her in Parent Trap because she was so classy, elegant and was really captivating to look at. Her performance was so memorable and her on-screen chemistry with Dennis Quaid felt so real that I've watched Parent Trap dozens and dozens of times.

(Photo credit: AFP File/Tiziana Fabi)


My heart & prayers goes out to her family - husband Liam Neeson and their 2 kids, her mom legendary actress Vanessa Redgrave and her sister Joely Richardson (star of Nip/Tuck).

Natasha was only 45 years old when she passed away. Only the good die young...

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

9 Your say:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Yup, CNN reported on the day she was injured that she was already in a coma and was only being kept alive for her close-ones to say their final parting words.

It's always sad to know of someone's passing. So many pics of Liam and her in warm embrace. :(
+Ant+

savante said...

Sigh.

Ron Jerem Lee said...

sometimes we have to let them go. good for them, good for family.

Anonymous said...

yes it's rather a pity that she's gone so soon. i've always kept an eye out for her and her sister joely since i learned that they were vanessa redgrave's daughters :(

MiChi said...

sigh.... this is life... one day I'll be gone too ... only bring my karma along

Anonymous said...

i love parent trap. she could've done more movies. *Sigh*

Twilight Man said...

Honestly I only heard of Liam Neeson before this tragedy. Now I am thinking twice about skiing in Korea this coming WInter. I remembered almost getting killed when I skied during student days. It is so dangerous even at the safest spots.

Perky said...

Twilight Zone:
Just remember to wear safety gear when you go skiing next time.

You almost got killed when skiing? Wat were you trying to do? 360degree jumps in the air ke? ;)

Anonymous said...

its a big lost! We will miss her