Feb 11, 2009

The Constant Traveller

Scribbled by Perky |

Based on my blog, I think most of my readers could make the conclusion that I'm constantly on the move, and that I can't stay put in one place for too long. I do admit that I enjoy going on road trips; I love driving to a different town and experiencing new things there.

I believe that the love for traveling has something to do with my upbringing. Due to my dad's work, we were constantly moving, living in different cities in different countries. I've lived in places as rural as Limbang (where you need to take the speedboat upriver for 4 hours to get to my father's village), to big cities such as London.

I hate flying, though. I wish that we could just drive to any place in the world. Flying sucks for me. I hate being strapped to the damn chair, I hate being in the air, I hate that I can't sleep in the plane, and I especially hate the fact that I have absolutely zero control on the plane.

Anyways, as much as I love traveling, I don't really like the packing part. You men got it easy when it comes to packing. You can pack a pair of boxers and that can last you for 4 days. We ladies have it hard - bras take up a lot of space in the bag, need at least 2 fresh pairs of undies each day, facial products, toiletries, make-up, etc etc etc...

After years of having to go through the hassles of packing my stuff, I actually developed a peculiar habit, which is I don't unpack my bag when I come home after my trip. My bag from my trip to Australia - still unpacked. My bag from my recent trip - it's still unpacked and will remain that way until my next road trip.

Sure, I do take out the dirty clothes and my toiletries from the bag. But the rest of the stuff (like the clothes I buy), they're all still in that bag (I only take them out if I need them or when I remember about it).

It's just so much easier this way. Should I need to skip town for some emergency, I just need to chuck my toiletries and fresh undies into the bag and I'm good to go. Now, whoever said packing was hard?

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

15 Your say:

Samantha said...

totally agree...i hate packing too! but I hate unpacking even more. and MoofMoof always laugh at me for the amount of bras & undies that I bring. He says it looks like i'm packing to go lelong my bras n undies

Anonymous said...

Packing and unpacking is the most painful part of traveling. But I like flying though. ;-)

KA said...

i do the same thing with my uniforms!!!

Kelly said...

u sounded jes like me..i love travelling bt i hate flying..merely cause i am clausterphobic, total control freak and i cant sleep!! which absolutely drives me up da wall!!my job requires me to travel v v often and basically hafing to unpack n repack makes me sick..i neva unpack my stufs wheneva i come back for a trip except for dirty clothing and toiletries. Also, gifts for ppl..other than dat, evrythg stays in the luggage till my nxt biz trip..

Sam said...

Gasp. I think flying is possibly the most fun part of the trip - I love doing nothing, watching TV or just sucking in the fact that I'm miles above the earth on my way to some other part of the planet. :P

Like you however, my luggage from previous trips can sit around for a maximum of up to 2-3 weeks. Or at least until I run out of clothes, whichever comes first. ;)

MiChi said...

haha...yeah, I also don't unpack my luggage... normally my family member will "beh-tahan" me and unpack for me...muahahah....

I love driving around town too...!!! wish can do it again...

Ron Jerem Lee said...

hey, be proud of that ok. my company also send me oversea every week - to holland.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

So how many bags do you have in your room now? LOL!

Twilight Man said...

You sound like an air stewardess who never unpacks her bag....just add on only. Have fun Perky!

Anonymous said...

lol i'm w Sam on d flying bit. love it! ^_^

but unpacking, uurghhh... after a trip, i juz stack my bags up 1 side, then jump on my oh so comfy bed - claim back sum ZZZs! haha b hibernating for daaays ^.^

note: Perky's like d Energizer Bunny, too highly charged & full o life 2 b bound in a seat! it's true, eyes maybe focused on sumthing, but then hands flailing body rocking & legs swinging... lol ^o^

Medie007 said...

wanna trade place? :P

KaDusMama said...

Hi! Dropping by to say hello.. :)

A Common Singaporean said...

You sound like living in a James Bond movie going places!! Prague one day and Venice the next day.

haha, I do agree guys does have lesser stuff to pack. Whenever I go travelling with the missus she'll occupy two thirds of the bagagge space and I'll squeeze my stuff in whatever space left.

But I also note usually when guys travel overseas with 1 baggage they return with 1 baggage. But ladies come back with 5.

Perky said...

Hahaha! Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't unpack her bags after traveling :)


Nick Phillips:
Currently there's 2 unpacked bags in my room. Leceh lah wanna unpack the bag from Oz... got so many barang2 in there. hahaha!


Far East:
Woi! You made me sound like I'm a sotong with hands flailing all >:P lol!


Medie007:
Hehehe. Erm, no. ;)


A Common Singaporean:
OMG, that is so true! I always come back with a whole lot more stuff (excess body weight AND excess luggage). lolz! ;)

.:: Ant ::. said...

Oi, mana ada guna boxer for 4 days? lolz

We *&^R%sexuals are very very clean you know. :P

+Ant+