Oct 10, 2008

Spooky Friday: The Period Pad

Scribbled by Perky |

In the spirit of Halloween, I've decided to dedicate the Fridays in October to compiling bits and pieces of encounters with the neither-here-nor-there beings.

This one here is something my bestfriend had experienced. *Sheep and her new husband had bought a house in the new housing area in Semariang, Kuching. For those of you who aren't from Kuching, Semariang is like another small town just outside the main city. From young I've heard all sorts of happenings in Semariang, ranging from hysteria to having an uninvited passenger while you're driving at night in Semariang to sightings of "figures" (such as the toyol) on the road.



Pic taken from Xmotu



Anyways, back to their new house. With them being newly weds in a new house, it's no surprise that they'd want to sleep in every room. So on this one particular night, they decided to sleep in the room that was closest to the main door.

As they were dozing off, Sheep's husband got "attacked". What I mean with "attacked" here is that "something" heavy was on top of him and made him feel paralyzed. He wanted to shout but somehow no voice came out from him. We Sarawakians refer to this phenomenon as "kenak timpak" (not sure how to translate that but it's basically the feeling of what I just described above).

As suddenly as the attack had happened, it went away. He felt normal again and he could breathe and move properly. Just when he was about to relax, it happened again.

He tried to fight it. He tried to will all his power to get up but he just couldn't ward off this unseen enemy.

And then that "thing" freed him again. This time he took the chance to wake Sheep up. As she was stirring from her slumber, he got "attacked" for the 3rd consecutive time.

This time, it wasn't just he who felt the presence of the unknown.

As *Sheep was opening her eyes, she felt as if someone was brushing their long hair on her face. Swish swish swish, the hair felt across her face. But when she opened her eyes, there was nothing there.

Sheep got up, switched the lights on. By then her husband was already released by whatever it was that held him captive.

"We must've done something wrong," he said. *Sheep's husband is pretty sensitive to these unseen beings and he has had similar attacks like this before. But never 3 times in a row.

"Do you have your period now?", he asked *Sheep.

To that, Sheep answered yes.

"Then where did you throw your period pad?", he asked her again.

"I think I threw into the bin outside", she replied. Then she went to the basketbin inside the room. And there it was, in plain sight - her period pad.

Needless to say, *Sheep immediately picked up her period pad and properly disposed it in the bin outside the house.

Pic taken from SatanSpace



So the lesson here is dirty period blood is like junk food for ghosts. Ladies, pls throw your pads/tampons properly (I usually wrap mine in newspaper, which I would put in a small plastic bag & throw it into the garbage area outside my apartment).



If you guys got your own personal stories of encounters with the unseen, do share. Afterall this is the month of Halloween!

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

9 Your say:

KA said...

aiya! that's incredibly spooky.

BTW, I also wanted to let you kknow that I FINALLY added you to my blog roll. I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner! I've been reading you since I met you on social spark, and I think you're one of the reasons I now have a PR4 rating (for which I am ever greatful) so I wanted to thanks, and I'm sorry i didn't link to you sooner!

honkeie said...

I must be ghost defunct or something, I have never had anything happen to me. I have even went looking for the devil but have yet to find him. And satan space is where I get all my great myspace templates lol

Perky said...

ToughGirl101:
Lol! No worries bout it babes. I don't mind not being on your blog roll. I'm just glad that you kept coming back! Hehehe.

Hey, you earned that rating. You write well n I really enjoy reading your posts :D

Honkeie2:
Hehehe... then you should come over to Borneo!

I stumbled upon SatanSpace while looking for vampire pics. Yeah they've got really cool stuff over there.

Ratu Syura said...

i cover mine in newspaper too! my housemate from sarawak washes the blood off her pad. btw, any idea what you're wearing for halloween??

Perky said...

Ratu Syura:
I used to wash the blood off my pad back when I was a teenager (I think it was coz my mom told me to). But it was so tedious that I just resorted to wrapping them up in newspaper instead. Hehehe...

I don't know what costume yet. I've got a few ideas in mind. How bout u?

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That same thing happened to a friend who slept over at my place right in front of the main door. He said he felt something whack him all over and he had blue black marks all over his body! *shudder*

Missy eLLe said...

this is pretty normal.. i mean, heard similar stories from time to time..

pads should be washed cleaned before disposing. it helps to avoid 'visiting' problems.

my ex-boarding school practices this since it's a girls' school.

anybody who just threw away their pads "irresponsibly", especially without washing sure gets attacked. Sometimes, their dormmates get attacked too.

Perky said...

Nick Phillips:
There's that old chinese believe "do not sleep in front the main door". I always thought it's so that you don't get stepped over when someone walks in.

But in your friend's case he got whacked instead. Eeks! That's spooky!


Mlle Linie:
I think girls are more familiar with this story, especially those that went to an all-girls or boarding school.

Ratu Syura said...

hmm.. i was thinking of going as a sexy devil but then again, that's so old. i bet there would be a lot of sexy devils. so i figured, maybe a sexy pirate. ala ala jack sparrow's girlfriend! hahaha..