Nov 5, 2007

Surviving the Hard Times

Scribbled by Perky |

Ever felt like on a particular day the whole universe just had to pick on you? Everything just goes wrong, even from things as simple as putting on your underwear the right side out. Some call it Murphy’s law. But I don’t know who Murphy is, and it just wouldn’t feel right to blame my shit on poor old Mr. Murphy.

When shit happens, it just happens. Nothing much you can do there other than to wait it out. Of course it’s boring if you simply wait ‘til all that mess subsides. That’s why you need all these Gift of Love to cheer you up, silly!


Ben & Jerry’s
Back in the days when ice cream was part of my staple diet, Ben & Jerry’s was the ultimate I-wanna-be-happy-now choice for me. They cost a bomb, but they’re so yummy, especially when you share it with your girlfriends! Ben & Jerry’s have witnessed countless bitching and crying sessions. If Ben & Jerry could talk, they would be millionaires just by selling off our dirty little secrets. They’re that important to us girls. Ben & Jerry’s may cost cheaper than a real-life shrink, but hell, they do just as good a job.

Kleenex with Aloe Vera
When it rains, it pours. The whole Kleenex industry is built on us girls crying over something as silly as soap dramas to something more serious such as crying over your man who took off with the maid. If we girls would simply stop crying, I believe that the whole tissue industry will be driven into ruins. It’s that massive, a’ight.


But you know what sucks about Kleenex? It has a tendency to get a lil bit too rough on your skin, with all that wiping and what not. Damn pain, okay! That’s why it’s important that when you’re gonna have Hurricane Katrina visit your nose that you have Kleenex with Aloe Vera on standby. These tissues are enriched with soothing Aloe Vera and vitamin E. You want to be able to cry in peace, not have your nose end up looking like it’s got kudis right?


Going to Guardian Pharmacy
People have their shopping therapy, I have my Guardian therapy. This is a place where I can feed my OCB (obsessive compulsive behavior). I could just look at the items on the shelves for hours. Sometimes when no one’s looking, I would rearrange some of the misplaced items.

Oh, and reading the tags can be quite fun when you’re in a crazy mental state of mind. I don’t really give a fuck what Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, or Butylparaben does, or if bathing in goat milk will make my skin super moisturized and glowy, but reading those tags do somewhat make me look like a genius!



The best cheer-me-ups (and not to mention, FOC!) are FRIENDS.
Girlfriends are weird creatures by nature. We can become frenemies in a heartbeat, gosip-gosip pasal the other girlfriend but when one of us is down, the whole pack will come together to give morale support. “Come darlings, let’s go to Uptown and eat sotong goring while we bitch about your problems”. Yes, it can be a bit malu-fying when the sistahs bitch in their full volume "nyah" voice, especially if it’s coming from Bibik and Mama Diva trying to outdo each other, but underneath all that loudness lies important lessons to learn and jokes to cheer you up all the way back home. We would never let the other go through the hard times alone.

Sistahs tidur dengan nyenyak... check out the Bibik's dvds on the floor!



If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

10 Your say:

Lau Niang said...

OMFG!!!!! Horror nyer gambar!!!!!! How you snapped those?? EEEEE!!!!!!

Perky said...

Hahaha! I can't believe I actually found this pic! Eh hello, am I not in the pic also? So if I'm there then who's holding the camera? Jeng jeng JENGGGG!! *twilight zone music playing in the background*

I think it was jujubes lah.

Anonymous said...

Muahaha~ yes, 'twas i, jujubes, who snapped this incriminating photo.

wey, how come you never belanja me Ben & Jerry's? =p

::airswift:: said...

oh. my. goat.
i am malu-fyed.
what a disgrace.

Anonymous said...

it is always refreshing reading your blog..

Perky said...

Jujubes:
Erm.. coz I no more depression lah! And eversince I kena the u-know-wat I mana ada eat icecream anymore lor!

N wat.. belanja u makan but I dont get to eat isit?!? :P

Airswift:
I think very cute wat u tido like that! HAHAHAHA! Eh, at least ur buntut tak tertonggeng like mine okeh!

Anon:
You should be! ;) I wouldn't wanna put up boring posts on my blog u know hehehe ;)

Farahz said...

haha,, last pic reminds me the tale yg parents used to tell the kids, 'mentadak-mentaduk mcm mana si polan tido..'

dang, caught in action. haha.

Perky said...

hey my parents never told me that... wow now there's like this big void in my childhood life ;) LOL!!

Unknown said...

hahaha. god, i MISS you guys so much!

hmm...i think i need to 'korek' my throve of piccies for the time when jujubes tidur bawah curtain at ivan's old place in palm springs. (or anyone has the tidur with straw pic?)

muahahahahahahaha.

Perky said...

I want that pic!!!!! I can use it as leverage hehehehe *evil laughter followed by thunder*

Cepat! Cepat korek your throve of piccies!!! =)