Jul 20, 2006

SleepyGirl Dot Com

Scribbled by Perky |

Sleep. We all need it. Some need very little of it, while others... Well sleep is good. Gooood. There was a time (my pre-U days) when I really could go without being awake. I needed to sleep 13 hours... uninterrupted 13 hours of sleep. The remaning 11 hours was spent on watching tv (8 hours, inclusive of meal time btw), going to class (1 hour) and socializing (2 hours, which required me to bathe... therefore 1 hour to prep myself, and 1 hour to actually socialize).

My dad, as much as I love that old man, forced me to rejoin the living by giving me all sorts of chores in the hopes to get me to stay up longer. He even went as far as bribing me to go out more *gasp* As days went by being my father's lapdog, I slowly saw the demise of my holiest of rituals. From 13 hours of sleep, I was only getting 8 hours. And when I entered uni, it got even worst. I was getting in 6 hours of sleep! And now that I'm working, I'll be lucky if I could get at least 4 hours of sleep.

I now see the toll of not getting that very much needed 13 hours of sleep has done to me. I now find myself dozing off at inappropriate times. For example, I have fallen asleep on these occassions:
- while sipping tea on the couch (I woke up with tea all over!)
- supper in bed... I simply fell asleep with food in my mouth! (naturally, I ate it when I woke up... do not waste!!)
- driving from Beach Club... fell asleep behind the wheels while stuck in a jam.. but this was totally excusable coz I was somewhat drunk...
- in the office... especially after lunch.
- while sitting down in public areas
- while standing up in public areas
- while in conversations with people who are supposedly 'interesting' *yawn*
- in toilets (be in public toilets, office toilet, or at home)
- while watching my favorite idiot box!!!!!! How is that even possible?!?!

You see how precious sleep is to me? Having a boyfriend doesn't help my situation at all. My boyfriend says I don't attend to his needs as much as he'd like me to. But how can I be attentive when I need my sleep??? He interrupts what little time I have to sleep, and with the most impurest thoughts in his mind. If I don't get up, he would attack me in my sleep and leave hideous red scars on my body (some are even purple!). If it's not scars, I'd be spotting a suspicious sore in my lower body.

So tell me people, who do I have to screw around here to get back my 13 hours of sleep?!?

*writer is not responsible for the error of hour counts

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

1 Your say:

Anonymous said...

"So tell me people, who do I have to screw around here to get back my 13 hours of sleep?!?"

Simple answer: Your bf or to be husband. Both of you will like that. But make sure it is at a time and convinence for him too... I mean do not get too greedy hehe