Jan 23, 2006

Damn These Pink Curtains!

Scribbled by Perky |

M trying 2 get 2 know u as a fren. But u seems 2 b arrogant 2 answer my call. Same arrogant as ur team... Result=MU will lost d game 2day!


Can you see what's wrong with this text message? Never mind the broken English. Heck, my English ain't that great either. This was the message I got on Sunday from a guy who just wants nothing more than to be my friend (hmm... if that was so, he went through great lengths to get my number alright). Can you tell what's wrong?

A) He called me arrogant for not picking up his 124th phone call.

B) I'm as arrogant as my favorite football team: Manchester United. (To you Arsenal fans, here's my third finger salute and a big "F" you!)

OR

C) His 'ability' to see the future... Manchester United will lose (For those of you who are not footie fans, that Sunday was the match between MU and Liverpool. No, I don't mean the American football, which I think shouldn't even be called football since they mostly play using their hands. I meant the English football, FA cup).

Mind boggling, isn't it? Don't know the answer? Let's see. Choice (A) is out. I'm not offended being called arrogant. As a matter of fact, I am arrogant. You can call me all sorts of names, except &*%@!*. Name calling doesn't bother me at all.

If you chose (B), again you are wrong. Make no mistake about this: Manchester United are an arrogant team. Well, they've earned the bragging rights. Actually, it makes me feel special that he thinks my team and I are alike. Lol.

MU ForeverSo that leaves us with... (C)! Now I don't mind if you call me arrogant or a biatch. I don't even mind if you think I'm as arrogant as my team. But to say that they'll lose the match just because I don't think you matter enough to pick your phone calls, now that's just asking for a fight. You do NOT condemn another team simply because you got turned down by some girl. That's just so unsportsman like. You all should know how we footie fans can be. Have you heard the word "hooligans"? Plus it just hurts my feelings *takes a deep breath and starts to chant the sacred mantra "foos fraba" to calm myself*

By the way, who scored on the 90+ minute? Come again, Ferdinand of Manchester United? Hah! Who's the bitch now, eh bitch?!


On the lighter side of things...
I would give up these musically gifted hands to watch them perform liveApparently my car has an uninvited guest. I was driving in my car on one very fine evening,; head banging and singing along to L'arc~en~Ciel. I cranked up the volume when one of my favorite songs came on, which is Revelation. When it got to the chorus, I realized that the volume started getting softer. Like as if it was fading away like they do when the song is about to end. I know that's impossible. One, that was a live concert. And second, it was in the middle of the chorus, for christ's sakes!

So I turned my attention to my CD player and noticed that the knob for the volume was turning by its own. I didn't freak out then 'cause I was kinda pissed that it ruined my musical fantasy world, or whatever name you call it when you reach a music high. Pissed off, I simply shouted,"Hey, stop that!"

And you know what? It did.


L'arc~en~Ciel - Ready Steady Go!


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR & HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!!

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

2 Your say:

Anonymous said...

creepy.... what made the volume knob turn anyway?

Perky said...

I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's just a technical glitch or something. hahaha!