Aug 26, 2008

The Bad Patient

Scribbled by Perky |

I hate getting sick. Yeah I know, so does everybody else. No one likes to get sick. Period. But me, I tend to take it to the next level. I'm such a sissy when it comes to being ill.

My worry begins from the moment it rains. It's not that I don't like the rain. I love the rain. Rain is good. But when it rains like the way it has been this past 1 week, I know it'll only be a matter of time before I fall sick.

And I was right.

Then I'll be at that stage where I'm in denial that I'm sick. The watery eyes... perhaps there's dust in my eyes. The blocked nose... most probably my rhinisitis. The cold chills... maybe I shouldn't be lying down on the cold floor.

But just in case the doctor asks me if I had done everything I could to not get sick, just to be safe, I drink loads and loads of orange juice and eat my multi-vitamins. Yeah, I know, by now it's kinda pointless & a bit too late to be doing all that.

You know what I hate most about being sick? The journey to recovery.

I hate HATE taking medication. I suck at swallowing pills, even a simple pill like Panadol. It tastes bitter (if we can send people to the moon, I don't see why we can't make sweet tasting Panadol) and swallowing pills make me gag (I don't know how some people can eat pills without having to drink water. That's magic to me).

Then there's the blocked nose and all its glorified uncomfyness. Can't breathe properly means can't sleep. You know what's the worst part of having blocked nose (besides the obvious)? When you have the thick mucus that no matter how much you lie on one side, it just "stays" in both nostrils.

The crucial part to recovery is taking enough rest. Most people say that sleep is the best remedy. And this is where I have the biggest challenge. I would so gladly lie in bed the whole day. But I can't.

I can't because this god forsaken body doesn't know how to rest. I get my sleep, 2 hours max, and then I'm up again. I'm sleepy and I'm yawning away, but my eyes just won't stay shut.

Note to self: Go see a doctor tomorrow!

If you've enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog.

5 Your say:

Legolas said...

The pills are made bitter intentionally, or else everybody will be taking them for fun!

And go see doctor and get MC! Take care! Get well soon.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

LOL! That sounds just like me. Whenever I get caught in even the slightest drizzle I'd fall sick and wifey always teases me that us city boys are a bunch of weaklings unlike tough kampung girls like her ... :D

Go see a doc and get well soon, k?

Unknown said...

get well soon dear!

Perky said...

Thank you all for the well wishes. I went to the doc this morning, got my mc and after taking medication, I slept throughout the day.

Am feeling so much better now that I can at least breathe with 1 nostril! Lol!

Cromely said...

Good luck.

I can feel my sinuses filling up and my eyeballs getting squeezed just by reading along.